Monday, August 1, 2011

Val Mirea, Acupunture Physician, Doctor of Oriental Medicine


“As a student of western medicine I knew from the very beginning that I will dedicate my life to healing and it will be in an integrative setting. In time it became clear that the patients can benefit fully only if I have a wide array of therapeutic methods from which I can apply the most effective one. Thirty years later I can offer acupuncture, Chinese therapeutic massage (tui-na), qi gong (energy work), cupping, gua sha, herbal therapies, dietary supplements, homeopathy, detoxification, preventative and longevity medicine and  NAET (allergy elimination techniques).
I live my life according to the principles of integrity, gentleness, respect, compassion, moderation and humility. “
 
I was born in Romania and I earned my Medical Doctor diploma at the University of Medicine and Pharmacy in Cluj. In Romania I practiced family medicine, acupuncture and homeopathy for 13 years.
After moving to the United States I earned my Master of Science in Oriental Medicine. In addition to pain management I enjoy helping my patients with infertility and allergies, since acupuncture can provide additional success beyond the usual treatment being offered by M.D./D.O.’s.
Working in Dr. Chan’s office gives me the opportunity to focus on the integrative side of the healing process, while having the full support of allopathic medicine from Dr. Colin Chan and the two ARNP’s: Karen Johnson and Cassie Stabins.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment